Xiaozhi Town Project (2018)
location: Linhai City, Taizhou, Zhejiang, China
In order to revitalize local settlements, it is important to create a recycling-based community system centered on agriculture. “Primary industry circulation”, where people who have lived for a long time and newly influxed people produce rice, vegetables, fruits, etc. through agriculture, and deploy them to poultry and beekeeping. “Development into secondary and tertiary industries”, which processes products and supplies them to farmers markets and restaurants to create brands through distribution and sales. At the same time, it is important to “create a sixth industry” to develop into agricultural tourism.
1. Create a beautiful rural landscape
Utilizing the features of the terrain, it reproduces the scenery of a rich green Koshiba Village.
2. Plan a rich and varied agricultural space
Fields and orchards are organically placed around the houses to create a changing seasonal landscape.
3. Secure “water” for agriculture and living
4. By maintaining the water retention of the whole area and storing rainwater and underground water, it supplies ample water to farmland.
Produce distinctive organic agricultural products and create the “Koshiba Village brand”. Effectively publicize characteristic agricultural products produced by organic cultivation without using any chemical pesticides, and promote branding in Japan and the world.
5. U-turn and I-turn farmers gather to develop agriculture based on new ideas. The young people from the local region and from cities gather to develop agriculture and distribute and sell “New Agriculture” based on new ideas.
6. Promote active agricultural tourism through “attractive inns”
The inns with attractive views are scattered in high places to promote agricultural tourism with hands-on farms and local produce.